In Your Basket This Week...
*Certified Organic I Meet Our Producers
- *Butternut squash | Rockville Market Farm | Starksboro, VT
- *Yellow onions | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- *Garlic | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT | Bella Farm | Monkton, VT
- *Bok Choy | Diggers Mirth Collective Farm | Burlington, VT
- *Arugula | Diggers Mirth Collective Farm | Burlington, VT
- *Shiitake or Oyster mushrooms | AH Mushrooms | Colchester, VT
- Pasture raised chicken legs | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Whole plain yogurt* | Butterworks Farm | Westfield, VT
- Black currant jam* | The Farm Between | Jeffersonville, VT
EGGS, CHEESE, & BREAD
- Bread* | Polenta Bread | Red Hen Baking Co | Middlesex, VT
- Eggs | Besteyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Grass Fed Ground Beef | Health Hero Farm | South Hero, VT
- Pasture Raised Chicken | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Pasture Raised Sausage: Andouille & Sweet Italian | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Bean Burgers*: Black Bean and Maple Chipotle Burgers | Vermont Bean Crafters | Waitsfield, VT
- Tortillas* & Beans* | All Souls Tortilleria, Vermont Bean Crafters | Warren, VT, Waitsfield, VT
- Wild Fish: Wild Alaskan Salmon & Halibut | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
- Wild Alaskan Salmon | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first: Arugula, Bok Choy, and Mushrooms
- Butternut Squash is a sweet tasting squash. Try using a vegetable peeler to remove the outer skin, then dice the squash to your preference. Remove the seeds from the base of the squash.
- Bok Choy has a mild sweet flavor that is best sautéed. Simple heat a skillet with olive oil and garlic. Chop the very ends off, and add the leafy greens to the skillet. Toss and stir the bok choy until it softens. OR simply soak the bok choy in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Shiitake mushrooms are great sautéed with onions and garlic while and Oyster mushrooms are best briefly heated with butter and oil. Both pair well on top of chicken or beef. OR add mushrooms to vegetable stock for extra flavor.
- Black currant jam: Great on toast, swirled into this weeks Butterworks Farm's yogurt or added to your morning oatmeal.
- Andouille Sausage is a cajun cuisine, with smoked characteristics seasoned with garlic, pepper, onions, and seasonings.
- Halibut is a lean and mild tasting fish. Click Here for 12 easy halibut recipes!