In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | **EcoApple Certified | Meet Our Producers
- Carrots* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- Russet Potatoes* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Broccoli* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Brussel Sprouts* | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Arugula* | Diggers Mirth Collective Farm | Burlington, VT
- Asian Pears** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Pasture Raised Pork Chops | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Feta Cheese* | Does' Leap Farm | Fairfield, VT
- Applesauce** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Bread: Cyprus Pringle* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first: Baby spinach, asian pears, and broccoli
- Asian pears are crisp and juicy, great for fresh salads and relishes and also delicious in a crisp with lots of oats and brown sugar! In comparison to the European variety - they have more crunch and grit. They will keep well in your refrigerator, but we suggest eating or cooking them soon to get the best flavor.
Russet potatoes are earthy and mild, with a dry texture. Russets are ideal for light and fluffy mashed potatoes. They also fry up crisp and golden brown, and they are the potato of choice for baking.