In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | **EcoApple Certified | Meet Our Producers
- Carrots* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- Russet Potatoes* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Broccoli* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Brussels Sprouts* | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Arugula* | Diggers Mirth Collective Farm| Burlington, VT
- Asian Pears** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Pasture Raised Pork Chops | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Feta Cheese* | Does' Leap Farm | Fairfield, VT
- Applesauce** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Bread: Cyprus Pringle* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
Eat this first: Arugula, Asian pears, and Broccoli
Russet Potatoes: This potato has low moisture and high starch, making it ideal for baking or mashing. Great for mashed potatoes or crispy french fries!
Brussels Sprouts: This leafy green vegetable resembles tiny cabbage heads. It is best to cut your brussels sprouts in either halves or quarters. To cook brussels sprouts quickly, simply steam them for 5mins. Or you can roasted the brussels sprouts with olive oil and spice in the oven for 30-40min.