In Your Basket This Week...
*Certified Organic I **EcoApple Certified I Meet Our Producers
- *Mesclun | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- *Lacinato kale | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- *Sweet Italian Peppers | Maple Wind Farm - Huntington, VT | River Berry Farm - Fairfax, VT | Lewis Creek Farm - Starksboro, VT | Rockville Market Farm - Starksboro, VT
- *Carrots | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- *Shallots | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- *Delicata Squash | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- **Honeycrisp apples | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, and...
- Grass Fed Ground Beef | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- *Ginger Carrots | Blackwell Roots Farm | Cabot, VT - (Ginger carrots are a new item. They're lacto-fermented like sauerkraut or kimchi!)
EGGS, CHEESE, & BREAD
- Bread - Mad River Grain* | Red Hen Baking Co | Middlesex, VT
- Eggs | Besteyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
- Cheddar cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first: Mesclun, Kale, and Sweet Italian Peppers.
- Sweet Italian Peppers: they taste wonderful roasted. Simple cut the peppers in half, place cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Add olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt or pepper to taste.
- Lacinato kale: wash and cut to eat raw. Or, to massage kale, cut leaves into small pieces, add to a bowl with dressing of choice and massage the kale leafs together for a few minutes until it becomes tender.