In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | **EcoApple Certified | Meet Our Producers
- Red Potatoes* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Leeks* | Hazendale Farm | Greensboro, VT
- Carrots* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- Beets* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Brussels Sprouts* | Hazendale Farm | Greensboro, VT
- Romaine Lettuce* | Miskells Premium Organics | Charlotte, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Beef Stew Meat | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Gondolier Cheese | Mt. Mainsfield Creamery | Morrisville, VT
- Beef Broth | Joe's Kitchen | Montpelier, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Bread: Waitsfield Common | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Quick Tips & Recipes
Eat this first: Romain lettuce and leeks
Red Potatoes, a relatively small potato but filled with a sweet and creamy taste. These potatoes cook well roasted, boiled, or mashed.
In this weeks Omnivore basket is Gondolier Cheese from Mt. Mansfield Creamery. Similar to an herbed havarti, the Gondolier Cheeses is seasoned with Garlic, Onion, Parsley, Celery and Chives.