In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | Meet Our Producers
- Sweet Potatoes* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Carrots* | Intervale Community Farm | Burlington, VT
- Yellow Onions* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Green Cabbage* | River Berry Farm | Burlington, VT
- Kalettes* | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Mesclun* | Red Wagon Plants | Hinesburg, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Pasture Raised Chicken Breast | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Whole, Plain Yogurt* | Butterworks Farm | Westfield, VT
- Maple Syrup* | Square Deal Farm | Walden, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Bread: Ciabatta* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first Mesclun, cabbage, kalettes
Kalettes are the newest crop this Fall - a cross between kale and brussels sprouts. They have a tender crisp texture with a sweet and pepper undertone. The best method to cook Kalettes is either lightly sauteéd or briefly pan-roasted. Enjoy!