In our baskets this week...
Cucumber* | Jericho Settlers Farm | Jericho Center, VT
Mesclun* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
Microgreens* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
Sweet Onions* | Jericho Settlers Farm | Jericho Center, VT
Baby Spinach* | Diggers Mirth Collective Farm | Burlington, VT
Strawberries* | Last Resort Farm | Bristol, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
Grass Fed Beef - Top Round or Chuck Steak | Health Hero Island Farm | South Hero, VT
"Inspiration" Cows' Milk Cheese | Mt Mansfield Creamery | Morrisville, VT
Salad Dressing - Vinaigrette* | Well Dressed Greens | Burlington, VT
Bread: Ciabatta* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
Pasture Raised Eggs | Besteyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Grass Fed Ground Beef | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
Pasture Raised Chicken | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
Pasture Raised Pork: Chorizo and Breakfast Sausage | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
Bean Burgers: Black Bean & Sweet Harvest Burgers | Vermont Bean Crafters | Waitsfield, VT
Tortillas & Beans | All Souls Tortilleria | Warren, VT || Vermont Bean Crafters | Waitsfield, VT
Wild Fish: Wild Alaskan Salmon & Wild Alaskan Cod | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
Wild Alaskan Salmon | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
RECIPES & COOKING TIPS
- Use up those cucumbers by eating them raw, pickling them, or even adding them to some homemade tzatziki sauce!
- Microgreens are nutrient-dense, flavor-packed greens that work well in salads/wraps/sandwiches, as toppings for burgers, pizza, etc., and as a garnish.
- Mesclun is a salad mix originating in France, and is comprised of a variety of fresh baby greens. Try them as a bed for fried eggs in place of bread!
- While strawberries are great eaten raw, using them in a nice dessert is an easy way to satisfy that sweet tooth and impress some dinner guests.
- Sweet onions can be used in a variety of sautéed dishes, but grilling them really brings out their amazing caramelized flavor.
Search for more Recipes & Cooking Tips on on our page: