In our baskets this week...
Lettuce* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
Green Peppers* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
Zucchini/Yellow Squash* | River Berry Farm and Intervale Community Farm | Fairfax, VT and Burlington, VT
Sweet Corn* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
Cherry Tomatoes* | River Berry Farm and Burnt Rock Farm | Fairfax, VT and Huntington, VT
Spaghetti Squash* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
Sweet Onions* | Rockville Market Farm | Starksboro, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, and...
Bacon | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
Feta Cheese* | Does' Leap Farm | Fairfield, VT
Salad Dressing* | Well Dressed Greens | Burlington, VT
Bread: Mad River Grain* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first: Cherry tomatoes, sweet corn, and lettuce
- Use lettuce in salads and sandwiches, and add it as a topping for homemade burrito bowls! Or, think outside the salad and use it as a wrap.
- Green peppers are sweet, fresh, and crunchy. You can grill them, sauté them, roast them, stuff them, or eat them as a refreshing snack. Add to egg dishes, stir-fries, and salads. Follow these instructions to freeze your green peppers.
- Zucchini and yellow squash can be FROZEN! We love storing summer vegetables to extend the color and flavor of the season. It's best to blanch them first. Follow these instructions to freeze your summer squash.
- Sweet corn can be enjoyed on the cob by boiling, steaming, or grilling. Try adding different herbs and spices to your butter for flavor. It's best to eat sweet corn right away for the best flavor and texture. Follow these instructions to freeze your corn.
- Add cherry tomatoes to sandwiches, salads, pastas, pizzas, and snacks. Remember: you can store tomatoes on your counter, not in the fridge.
- Spaghetti Squash, true to its name, can be served just about any way you would eat spaghetti. Try garlic, herbs, and butter, or go with a classic red sauce and cheese. It will store in your fridge for 2-3 weeks.