In our baskets this week...
*Certified Organic **Lewis Creek Farm is a leader in sustainable agriculture, and uses Vermont Ecologically Grown standards.
- Green Cabbage** | Lewis Creek Farm | Starksboro, VT
- Carrots* | Diggers' Mirth Collective Farm | Burlington, VT
- Cilantro* | Diggers' Mirth Collective Farm | Burlington, VT
- Cherry Tomatoes* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Sweet Corn* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Shallots* | Burundian Farmers' Coop, Maple Wind Farm | Burlington, VT Huntington, VT
- Hot Peppers* | Maple Wind Farm, Pitchfork Farm |Huntington, VT Burlington, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, and...
- Pasture Raised Chicken Wings | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Whole Plain Yogurt* | Butterworks Farm | Westfield, VT
- Honey | BTV Honey | Burlington, VT
BREAD, CHEDDAR, & EGGS
- Bread: Waitsfield Common* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Besteyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
- Grass Fed Ground Beef | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Pasture Raised Chicken | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Pasture Raised Sausage: Chorizo and Breakfast Patties | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Bean Burgers*: Black Bean and Maple Chipotle Burgers | Vermont Bean Crafters |Waitsfield, VT
- Tortillas* & Beans* | All Souls Tortilleria, Vermont Bean Crafters | Warren, VT, Waitsfield, VT
- Wild Fish: Wild Alaskan Salmon & Wild Alaskan Cod | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
- Wild Alaskan Salmon | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
- Eat this first: Sweet corn, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- How to store fresh cilantro: Store upright in a cup or jar with water, like cut flowers. Keep the top covered by placing a plastic bag over them and sealing it against the base of the jar. Keep the jar in sight so that it doesn't get knocked over or go to waste.
- Hot Peppers: Please note that this heat guide is a rough guide - peppers can vary in heat! When cooking with peppers, always remember to protect your skin and eyes. Start with a little - you can always add more heat, but it's hard to take it out! Check out this pepper guide for help.
Peppers in the mix - bags will vary for each member:
- Hungarian Hot Wax Pepper: 3-5
- Green, Red, or Yellow Jalapeños: 4
- Red Round Cherry Bomb Jalapeño: 4
- Red Flame Chili Peppers: 5-6
- Green or Red Cayenne: 7
- Orange or Green Habanero: 9