In Your Basket This Week...
*Certified Organic I **EcoApple Certified I Meet Our Producers
- Baby spinach* | Hazendale Farm | Greensboro, VT
- Beets* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Delicata Squash* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Red Onions* | Hazendale Farm | Greensboro, VT
- Asian Pears** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
- Romanesco Cauliflower* | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, and...
- Wild Alaskan Halibut | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
- Cultured Butter | Ploughgate Creamery | Fayston, VT
- Basil Pesto | Joe’s Kitchen at Screamin Ridge Farm | East Montpelier, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Cheddar | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Bread* - Seeded Baguette | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Eggs | Besteyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
Eat this first: Baby spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower
Asian Pears: Go great in a salad, plus pairs well with nuts and cheese for snacking.
Romanesco Cauliflower: It tastes very similar to cauliflower, but with a slightly nuttier, earthier flavor. You can use it as you would cauliflower in a recipe. You can eat it raw, lightly cooked, fully cooked, steamed or lightly seasoned.
- Delicata Squash: Cut the top and bottom of the squash off. Cut it the long way, then scoop the seeds out. Cut the squash into 1/2 inches, add a little salt and olive oil, and evening place on a cooking sheet. Preheat the oven to 400°, and let the squash bake for 25min and then flip and cook for another 15-20min.