In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | **EcoApple Certified | Meet Our Producers
- Baby Spinach* | Hazendale Farm, Greensboro, VT | Burnt Rock Farm, Huntington, VT
- Beets* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Delicata Squash* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Romanesco Cauliflower* | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Red Onions* | Hazendale Farm | Greensboro, VT
- Broccoli Crowns* | Lewis Creek Farm | Starksboro, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Wild Alaskan Coho Salmon | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
- Cultured Butter | Ploughgate Creamery | Fayston, VT
- Basil Pesto | Joe's Kitchen at Screamin' Ridge Farm | Montpelier, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Bread: Seeded Baguette* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first: Baby spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower
- Delicata squash are mild-flavored, easy to slice, and the skin is edible so there's no need to peel them. To prepare, slice the squash in half and scoop out the seeds, then proceed with the recipe. Or, try slicing them into rings!
- Romanesco cauliflower is a crazy looking vegetable, but tastes just about the same as regular cauliflower! Here are some directions on how to break it down.