Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: All | Type: Salad | Diet: Omnivore/Vegetarian/GF
- · 1 bunch kale
- · 2 carrots
- · 2 apples
- · ½ cup raisins
- · Basic vinaigrette, to taste (click for recipe)
- · Salt and pepper, to taste
- · ½ cup feta
- · 4 hard-boiled eggs (click for recipe)
1. Strip the kale leaves from the stems. (You can compost the stems, or save them for another purpose).
2. Wash the kale and tear into bite-sized pieces, placing the finished pieces into a salad bowl.
3. Wash the carrots, cut off the very tip, and grate them on a box grater — using the largest sized hole — directly into the salad bowl.
4. Wash the apples, cut them into quarters, chop out the cores, and cube. Place the cubes in the salad bowl with the kale and carrots.
5. Add the raisins.
6. Drizzle in just enough dressing to coat the fruits and veggies, and toss with tongs until the greens are evenly coated. Taste, and season with additional salt and pepper, or more dressing, if desired.
7. Sprinkle on feta.
8. Peel and quarter the eggs, and place the quarters atop the salad.