Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Bread | Diet: Vegetarian/DF
The natural sweetness of our Vermont-grown apples and carrots makes these muffins a real treat! Plus, we were able to cut back on the added sugar.
- 1c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cinnamon or apple pie spice mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c shredded carrot
- 1 c shredded or diced apples
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 c vegetable oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Place muffin cups into your muffin tin (this recipe made about 10 small muffins, as pictured above)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl (the wet ingredients will be stirred in later)
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, oil, and vanilla, then stir in carrots and apple to coat.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture into the flour mixture, and stir just enough to combine and mix in dry ingredients. (Don't overmix)
- Scoop the mix into your muffin cups, filling just about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
This recipe was based on the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens https://www.bhg.com/recipe/muffins/carrot-apple-muffins/