Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: Fall/Winter | Type: Meal | Diet: Omnivore - GF
From your basket:
- ½ head of red cabbage
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup apple cider
From the pantry:
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook until onion softens, 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Add apple cider and bring to a simmer with medium-low heat.
4. Stir in red cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add vinegar and water. Turn up the heat to bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat to medium-low to reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until cabbage is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To cook sausage:
- First, thaw the sausages. After they're thawed, you can poke a few holes into the casing with a fork - but not too many or you will let all the flavor & juices out as they cook!
- Put your pan or griddle on a medium heat, and add a small amount of oil
- Add the sausages to the pan cook for 10-12 minutes, turning often, until they are browned all around.