Barbecued Chicken Drumsticks
Recipe Level: Average | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Main Dish | Diet: O/GF
This is about as easy as it gets! The reason for separating the barbecue sauce into a bowl (prior to brushing it on the chicken), is so that you don't contaminate the container of sauce with raw poultry juices. If you accidentally use a utensil on the chicken and stick it in the sauce container, all you need to do is bring the sauce briefly to a boil, and you can still serve it.
- 1 package chicken drumsticks
- 1 container barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Pat the drumsticks dry, and place them in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour a third of the barbecue sauce into a small bowl.
- Roast the legs for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn, and brush the top side with barbecue sauce from the bowl. Bake 10 more minutes, turn, and repeat. Using up all of the sauce from the bowl.
- Return to oven, and cook until the internal temperature is 165.
- Remove from the oven, and serve with the remaining sauce.