Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Summer/Fall | Type: Condiment, Dressing | Diet: V/GF
A handful of blueberries brings a sweet, unusual flavor to a basic salad dressing. Don't have blueberries? You can substitute another fruit or berry, in their place.
- 1 cup sunflower oil, or 2/3 cup neutral oil and 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup white or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 shallot bulb, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until uniform.
- Taste for seasoning, and adjust as needed. You may want to add more salt, or a little bit more vinegar.