Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: Summer/Fall | Type: Side | Diet: Vegan/DF/GF
From your Basket:
- 2 parsnips, sliced very thin
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cups kale
From the Pantry:
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2-4 tbsp oil
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Keeping them in separate bowls, toss or massage the kale with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper, and toss the sliced parsnips in oil, salt, and pepper.
3. In a glass baking dish or a roasting pan with sides, evenly spread parsnips. Pour in apple cider, cover with foil, then place in the oven. It should take about 30 minutes for parsnips to cook through and become tender.
4. After the parsnips have been cooking for about 25 minutes, you can remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil, and stir in the kale. Add vinegar.
5. Cover the pan and return it to the oven to cook about 5 more minutes.