Cabbage & Sweet Onion Slaw
Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Summer/Fall/Winter | Type: Veggie Side | Diet: V/GF
This is one flexible slaw! You could make it with red cabbage instead of green, use scallions instead of onions, or dress it with olive oil (or walnut oil, or sunflower oil) instead of the sesame oil.
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 1/3 cup sesame oil (plus more to taste)
- a few splashes of white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the core out of the halved cabbage, cut the cabbage into strips, and then do a rough chop on the strips. Toss the cabbage bits into a salad bowl.
- Rinse the carrot and grate it into the salad using the large holes of a box grater.
- Mince the onion. Add to the salad bowl.
- Dress the veggies with sesame oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as desired.
- Serve with grilled and roasted meats.