Caramelized apples are a great addition to sandwiches and salads. You could also chop them and add them to yogurt, or ice cream.
- 4 apples
- sunflower oil, or another oil you prefer
- salt to taste
- Wash apples and remove the cores. You can use an apple corer if you have one. If not, you can cut the apple into quarter-inch slices, and use a melon baller or a pairing knife to remove the pieces of core.
- If you used an apple corer, go ahead and cut the apple into quarter-inch slices.
- Put the oil in a saucepan, and place it over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add apple slices one at a time, until you have a single layer. Sprinkle with salt. Cook until the bottom has browned, slightly, and flip the apples. When the second side has browned, remove the apples from the pan.
- If you have additional apples, do another batch. Continue until all of the apples are cooked.