In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | **EcoApple Certified | Meet Our Producers
- Brussel Sprouts* | Hazendale Farm | Greensboro, VT
- Leeks* | Hazendale Farm | Greensboro, VT
- Red Potatoes* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Carrots* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- Beets* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Romaine Lettuce* | Miskell's Premium Organics | Charlotte, VT
- Empire Apples** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Beef Stew Meat | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Gondolier Cheese | Mt. Mansfield Creamery | Morrisville, VT
- Beef Broth | Joe's Kitchen | East Montpelier, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Bread: Waitsfield Common* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first: lettuce & leeks
- A cross between McIntosh and Red Delicious, Empire Apples are sweet, crisp and firmer than the McIntosh, so it makes for a good cooking apple.
Gondolier Cheese, found in this weeks Omnivore basket is Mt. Mansfield Creamery's version of an herbed havarti - seasoned with garlic, onion, parsley, celery and chives.