Chilled Cucumber Soup with Garlic & Olive Oil
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Summer | Type: Soup, Chilled | Diet: V, GF
This quick, cold soup is a delicious way to use up cucumbers. You can dress it up with a dollop of sour cream or a little heavy cream, add a few sprigs of dill, or throw in some tomatoes. I like to leave the cucumber skins on, but you can peel the cucumbers, if you'd like.
- 2 slicing cucumbers, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine or cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until the mixture is smooth (a little texture is ok...check out the picture!).
- Taste the soup...does it need more salt? More acidity? More zing from pepper? Do you want to add some herbs, or some cream?
- Chill until nice and cold.