Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Summer/Fall | Type: Condiment | Diet: V/GF
This quick sauce is a great topping for tacos, but would be perfect on pretty much any grilled meat or fish dish.
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- a handful of basil, if desired
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- a couple glugs of sunflower or olive oil
- a squeeze or two of lime juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients, and purée. If the mixture is too dry, add some more oil, lime juice, or even a little bit of water.
- Taste the sauce, and adjust the seasoning. Does it need to be more tangy? Add more lime juice. Does it need to be saltier? You know what to do! Make it delicious :)