These apples are the perfect fall treat! The recipe can easily be adapted by changing the add-ins or toppings to suit your preferences. Plus, you get the added bonus of your house or apartment smelling delicious while baking these!
- 4 Apples
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- Dash of lemon juice
- toasted almond slivers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Core apples. We used a spoon, but use an apple corer if you have one
- Squeeze lemon juice into the apples
- Make the oatmeal with cinnamon and sugar and spoon into the apples
- Fill a baking dish with 1 cup of hot water and place the apples in the dish
- Bake for 30-45 minutes
- Once out of the oven, top with more cinnamon, toasted almond slivers, and any extra add-ins you prefer
NOTES AND TIPS
- We think these apples would taste good served with vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel, or filled with a brown sugar cinnamon mixture instead. You can get creative with this recipe!