Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Leisurely | Season: All | Type: Meal | Diet: Omnivore/GF
From your Basket:
- 1 lb package beef stew meat
- 2 parsnips, cubed
- 1 ½ potatoes, cubed
- 1 package bone broth
- 1 cup apple cider
From the Pantry:
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 carrots, cubed
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot at medium heat.
2. Add onions and sauté 4-5 minutes.
3. Add beef, salt, and pepper, and cooking for about 3-5 minutes per side to brown on all sides.
4. Add carrots, parsnips, and potatoes, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover with bone broth and 1 cup apple cider. If needed, add water to make sure to cover all the ingredients in the pot. Turn up your heat and bring to a boil. Then, reduce to low heat, cover, and let cook 1 ½ to 2 hours. The longer the stew simmers, the more tender your meat will become.
6. Serve hot with a large slice of Red Hen's Waitsfield Common bread!