In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | Meet Our Producers
- Celeriac* | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Beets* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- Apples* | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
- Yellow Onions* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Mushrooms, shiitake or oyster* | Mousam Valley Mushrooms/AH Mushrooms | Colchester, VT
- Bok choy* | Diggers' Mirth Collective Farm | Burlington, VT
- Mesclun* | Red Wagon Plants | Hinesburg, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Grass Fed London Broil or Sirloin Tip Steak | Health Hero Island Farm | South Hero, VT
- Salted Bourbon Goat's Milk Caramel | Fat Toad Farm | Brookfield, VT
- Chin Clip Cheese | Mt. Mansfield Creamery | Morrisville, VT | This raw milk recipe is from the mountains in the Austrian Alps. A recipe used from a local village during the fall season. Complex flavors in this cheese are smooth and buttery! Don't forget your favorite red wine with this one.
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
- Bread: Olive | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
Eat This First: Mesclun, Bok choy, and Mushrooms.
Celeriac may look a little daunting at first glance, but this versatile and flavorful long-season vegetable is worth a try. Once the top layer is peeled, you will find a nutty sweet flavor that can be boiled, braised, steamed, roasted, or eaten raw. Celeriac is great for stews, soups, roast, and salads. Enjoy!
Beets are a great source of nutrition! Try adding this vegetable to your meals by grating them raw onto a salad, steaming them for a side dish, or marinated with lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh herbs.
Fine more info on our Recipes page!