In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | Meet Our Producers
- Butternut squash* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Garlic* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Carrots* | Intervale Community Farm | Burlington, VT
- Watermelon Radish* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Kale* | Miskell's Premium Organics | Burlington, VT
- Mesclun* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Pasture Raised Chicken legs | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Whole Plain Yogurt* | Butterworks Farm | Westfield, VT
- Honey | BTV Honey | Burlington, VT
BREAD, CHEESE, & EGGS
Bread: Cyrus Pringle* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
Pasture Raised Eggs | Betseyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
Eat this first: Mesclun and kale.
Don't be fooled by the dull outside colors of this weeks Watermelon radish, on the inside you will see a colorful and versatile radish. Unfortunately, this root vegetable does not actually taste like a watermelon but rather resemble the color of the fruit. Instead, they are apart of the Brassica family, with a firm and crisp texture and a taste of mild peppery and sweet flavor. There are many ways to incorporate Watermelon radishes into your meals: pickled, shaved, roasted, or added to your salad. Check out the recipes page for some of our favorite ways to enjoy Watermelon radishes, enjoy!