Creamy Cucumber Salad
Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: Summer/Fall | Type: Veggie Side | Diet: Veg/GF
A bit of a change from the vinegar-dressed cucumber salad, this is a refreshing treat on a hot summer day.
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into ribbons on a mandoline, or on the single blade side of a cheese grater. If you don't have those tools, you can make ribbons with a vegetable peeler, instead.
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- more salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle the cucumber ribbons with salt, and let sit for 30 minutes. Water will ooze out of the cucumbers, and can be used for another application (such as a adding a subtle cucumber flavor to a cocktail), or be discarded.
- Meanwhile, mix the other ingredients.
- When the cucumbers have been drained, give them a quick rinse so they won't be too salty, pat them dry, and add the dressing. Season to taste, adding more lemon juice if you want the dish to be tangier, and salt or pepper, if needed.