Cucumber Agua Fresca
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Summer/Fall | Type: Beverage | Diet: V/GF
This quick and refreshing drink is a good way to use up extra cucumbers. You can make it with watermelon, too.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks
- the zest and juice of two limes
- 2 tablespoons honey, thinned with 1/2 cup hot water
- a pinch of salt
- a handful of ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except the ice.
- Purée until uniform.
- Pour through a strainer, pressing on the solids in the strainer to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Taste for seasoning. You could add more lime juice if you want the drink to be more tangy, honey if you'd like it to be sweeter, or salt if it seems to sweet, and unbalanced.
- Chill, and serve over ice.