Mad River Grain Toast with Goat Cheese Spread, Lettuce & Smoked Salmon
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: All | Type: Snack/Appetizer | Diet: Omnivore
This simple but elegant toast makes a great snack, but you can also pair it with a nice salad and some soup, and make it a meal!
- 1/2 loaf Mad River Grain bread
- Olive or sunflower oil
- Garlicky cucumber-dill-lemon & goat cheese spread
- Lettuce leaves, washed
- 1, 8-ounce package smoked salmon
- Preheat your broiler on high.
- Cut the bread into slices that are as thin or as thick as you'd like.
- Put the bread slices on a sheet pan, and brush with a little bit of oil.
- Broil until slightly toasted on one side. Turn, and do the same to the other side.
- When the bread is cool, spread with goat cheese.
- Top with lettuce. If the leaves are bigger than the bread pieces, you can cut them down to size.
- The smoked salmon from Starbird fish is not pre-sliced, so you could make it into big flakes with your fork, and place the flakes on top of your toast. If you happen to have sliced salmon, instead, just drape a slice or two over the toast.