Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Fall, Winter | Type: Side - Starchy | Diet: Vegetarian - GF
From your basket:
- 5-6 peeled and chopped red potatoes (or the full bag in your share)
- 2 Tbsp Ploughgate Creamery butter (from last week’s basket)
- ½ cup milk or cream
From the pantry:
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1. Fill a large pot of cold water, and add chopped potatoes.
2. Bring to a boil and cook potatoes until soft, about 15-20 minutes. (Bringing water and potatoes to a boil together helps the potatoes cook evenly!)
3. Once potatoes are soft, drain and begin to mash. Add butter and cream, continue to stir using a fork or potatoes masher. For extra fluffy and smooth potatoes, consider combining with a hand mixer.
4. Serve as a side or under your Parsnip and Carrot Chili!