Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: Spring | Type: Soup - Hot | Diet: Vegetarian/GF
If you have some chicken or veggie stock kicking around the house, you can make this quick, easy, and elegant soup in no time!
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces chicken or veggie stock
- white wine vinegar, to taste
- Rinse the asparagus and cut off any woody bits at the bottom.
- Cut the asparagus into segments, setting the tips aside.
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized saucepan, when it sizzles, add the asparagus pieces, minus the tips. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook until bright green.
- Add the stock, and simmer until tender.
- Purée in a blender or food processor, or in the pot using an immersion blender.
- Taste the soup for seasoning, and add vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- If you wish, you can sauté the asparagus tips and use them as garnish. You can also add a bit if heavy cream, if you'd like.