Featured Farm: Besteyfield Farm
Besteyfield Farm provides the Intervale Food Hub with beautiful fresh eggs, raised just down the road. Ben's hens are raised on pasture in warmer months, and in greenhouses during colder months. Their diet is supplemented with lots of fresh food scraps, including fruit and vegetable pulp from Juice Bar VT.
In Our Baskets This Week...
*Certified Organic | **Eco Apple Certified | Meet Our Producers
- Green Cabbage* | Intervale Community Farm | Burlington, VT
- Orange Carrots* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Gold Potatoes* | Valley Dream Farm | Cambridge, VT
- Red Beets* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Parsnips* | River Berry Farm | Fairfax, VT
- Apples** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Pork Chop, boneless | Maple Wind Farm | Richmond, VT
- Feta Cheese* | Does Leap Farm | Fairfield, VT
- Raspberry Fridge Jam* | The Farm Between | Jeffersonville, VT
BREAD, CHEDDAR, EGGS
Bread: Ciabatta* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
Pasture Raised Eggs | Besteyfield Farm | Charlotte, VT
Recipes & Cooking Tips
Eat this first: Green Cabbage: Dive right in! Cabbage is one of the most versatile veggies out there. Try something new this week, like our recipe for garlic roasted cabbage wedges!