In Our Baskets This Week...
- Red Cabbage* | Jericho Settlers Farm | Jericho, VT
- Beets* | Pitchfork Farm | Burlington, VT
- Carrots* | Intervale Community Farm | Burlington, VT
- Empire Apples** | Champlain Orchards | Shoreham, VT
- Red Onions* | Burnt Rock Farm | Huntington, VT
- Romaine Lettuce* | Miskell's Premium Organics | Charlotte, VT
Includes Vermont Vegetables listed above, plus...
- Country-Style Pasture Raised Pork Ribs | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT
- Feta* | Does' Leap Farm | Fairfield, VT
- Maple Chipotle BBQ Sauce | Joe's Kitchen at Screamin' Ridge Farm | East Montpelier, VT: Gluten free & vegan, made with organic tomatoes from Screamin' Ridge Farm, maple syrup from Morse Farm in Montpelier, VT, organic garlic and cilantro, chipotle peppers, cider vinegar, salt, herbs, and spices.
BREAD, CHEDDAR, EGGS
- Bread: Baguette* | Red Hen Baking Co. | Middlesex, VT
- Cheddar Cheese | Shelburne Farms | Shelburne, VT
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Besteyfield Farm | Burlington, VT
- Grass Fed Ground Beef | Health Hero Farm - South Hero, VT | Maple Wind Farm - Huntington, VT: Try a simple burger, with cheese and pickled red onions or caramelized onions.
- Pasture Raised Chicken | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT: See our link to local chef Molly Stevens' roast chicken recipe below!
- Pasture Raised Sausage | Chorizo & Ground Pork Sausage | Maple Wind Farm | Huntington, VT: Chorizo can lend a signature flavor to any dish - think chile, egg dishes, tacos, dips, pasta dishes, seafood, paella, etc. Unflavored ground pork sausage leaves more room for your own seasonings, or for mild dishes - think soup or home made sauces.
- Bean Burgers * | Black Bean Burgers & Maple Chipotle Burgers | Vermont Bean Crafters | Waitsfield, VT: Enjoy bean burgers like a traditional beef burger on a bun or sandwich - or try adding them to a breakfast taco or serving with a side of roasted veggies.
- Tortillas & Beans * | All Souls Tortilleria - Warren, VT | Vermont Bean Crafters - Waitsfield, VT
- Wild Fish | Wild Alaskan Salmon & Halibut | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT: Firm, white, and mild flavored, halibut is well-suited for just about every cooking method. Its subtle flavor should not be overpowered by strong sauces or marinades.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon | Starbird Fish | Burlington, VT
Recipes and Cooking Tips
- Eat this first: romaine, red cabbage, apples
A cross between McIntosh and Red Delicious, Empire Apples are sweet, crisp and firmer than the McIntosh, so it makes for a good cooking apple.