Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Starchy Side | Diet: Vegetarian/GF
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, or another oil you prefer
- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar to make it vegan)
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- ½ cup flame raisins
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes, cut in half from stem to stem, and cut into cubes.
- Wash carrots, cut into thirds, and cut each third in half lengthwise. Slice the pieces into half-moons.
- Place carrots and potatoes in a large baking dish. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stir, and return to the oven, checking every 15 minutes until the sweet potato chunks are tender.
- Remove from oven, and add honey, raisins, and walnuts. Taste, and add more salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- Finish in the oven for another 5 minutes.