Marinated & Seared Beef
Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Main Course | Diet: O/GF
Meat dishes don't get much easier than this! Marinate the beef for as long as you have, and then brown it in a saucepan. It's a perfect taco topping, and you can also serve it with stir-fried veggies, or as part of a grain bowl.
- 1 package stir-fry beef
- 1/4 cup sunflower or olive oil
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of pepper
- 2 teaspoons white wine or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley, oregano and thyme, in any proportion you desire
- Combine all of the ingredients, and using a pair of tongs or clean hands, toss to coat.
- Let the beef sit for as long as you want, for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan over medium to medium high heat. When it's hot, add the beef, such that the pieces don't touch (you can cook it in two batches, if needed).
- Sear until the first side is brown. Turn.
- Cook until it is the doneness you desire, whether that be rare, or well-done.
- Let cool for 3 or 4 minutes.
- The stir-fry beef in our share isn't the most tender, so it would be nice to cut the pieces further, before you add them to you tacos. Just line a few pieces up, and cut across the grain.