Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Starchy Side | Diet: Vegetarian/Vegan/GF
This is a super simple recipe that yields a very flavorful result. Just toss together roasted potatoes with chimichurri (either homemade, or from our Omnivore Package), and serve.
- red potatoes
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
- Wash the potatoes, and cut into similar-sized pieces. (I often cut them potatoes into 16ths when I'm roasting them, but it all depends on the 'tater. Uniformity is more important than size).
- If you have parchment paper*, place some on your baking sheet. If not, you can do without.
- Put the potatoes on the baking sheet, and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. The potato pieces should be nicely coated with oil.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven, and immediately toss with chimichurri (seasoning the potatoes when their hot helps the flavor to penetrate). Serve hot, or at room temperature.
*parchment paper is an incredible boon in the kitchen. It prevents food from sticking, which can be wasteful, and makes cleanup easier. If parchment isn't oil soaked, it can be reused.