- oil for cooking
- 1lb ground wild Alaskan salmon
- 1lb new potatoes, cut intl 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onions, diced
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- shredded cheddar cheese
- optional herbs - dill, chives, scallions, or parsley (stirred in after cooking)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Add new potatoes and onion, salt and pepper. Cook the potatoes and onions, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes,
- Add ground salmon, and continue cooking for about 5-10 minutes. You'll want the salmon mostly cooked but not dry. Stir often to break up the salmon for even cooking and a consistent texture for the hash.
- Crack 4 eggs on top, cover with shredded cheddar, and broil for 2 or 3 minutes until the egg whites have set (and become white) and the egg yolks are still a little bit runny.