Pickled Green Beans
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Veggie Side | Diet: V/GF
What do you do with extra veggies? Pickle 'em! This basic brine is good for beans, cukes, and pretty much anything else you wanna put into it.
- green beans, tops and tails removed, and cut on the bias
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pickling spice or your own combination of mustard seed, dill seed, peppercorn, cinnamon stick, and coriander
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place the green beans in a glass dish, and put aside
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the other ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat, and let steep for 1 hour
- Bring the liquid to a boil again, and strain over the beans. Let sit until cool, cover, and place in the fridge. You can eat 'em after a couple hours, but they'll keep for days.