From your basket:
- 2 Pork chops
- 4 Champlain Orchard Apples
From the pantry:
- Salt & pepper
- Sugar, maple syrup, or other sweetener
For apple sauce:
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil.
2. Core and quarter apples. Peel skin before chopping if you prefer your apple sauce with no apple skin.
3. Place apple pieces in water and boil 10-15 minutes.
4. Drain and place into a clean bowl.
5. Add your sweetener of choice. We used sugar, but maple syrup or honey would be delicious as well. Now is also when you can add your preferred spices such a cinnamon.
6. Mash with a potato masher or fork.
For the pork chops:
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. In a pan, sear each side of the pork chop with a bit of oil or butter.
3. Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet.
4. Finish cooking in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.