As we dive into the summer season, we're experimenting with something new! From now on, on Fridays, we're going to send you the list of items you'll be receiving the following week. Why? So that you have more time to plan and shop over the weekend!
Below that list, you'll find a list of dishes that our cooking team is planning to make with our basket, on Monday. Why do we cook on Monday? Because that way, we get to use the same fresh and delicious items that you'll be receiving, from the same farms!
We'll post photos to Instagram so you can follow along while we're cooking, and on Monday afternoon or early evening, we'll send out the detailed recipes, and a shopping list.
Please send any feedback or suggestions you have to Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Our Baskets Next Week
Vermont Vegetable Package
- Asparagus* | Deep Root/Vallons Maraichers
- European Cucumber* | Deep Root/L'Abri Vegetal
- Strawberries* | Last Resort Farm
- Lettuce* | Pitchfork Farm
- Arugula* (starter & variety shares only) | Pitchfork Farm
- Dill* (starter & variety shares only) | Diggers' Mirth Collective Farm
- Swiss Chard* (value & variety shares only) | Miskell's Premium Organics
The Omnivore Package includes the Vermont Vegetable Package above, plus...
- Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon | Starbird Fish
- Chevre* | Does' Leap Farm
- Yogurt, whole, plain* | Butterworks Farm
The Localvore Package includes the Omnivore Package above, plus...
- Mad River Grain Bread* | Red Hen Baking Company
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Besteyfield Farm
Recipe Plans & Dreams
- Mad River Grain toast with cucumber-dill-goat-cheese spread, smoked salmon & lettuce
- Chard wraps with beans, rice, currants and fragrant spices (V, GF)
- Tahini sauce for chard wraps (V, GF)
- Arugula salad with strawberries & lemon-honey-yogurt dressing (Vegetarian, GF)
- Grilled asparagus (V, GF)
- Strawberry & cucumber simple syrup (V, GF)