Thanks to those of you who emailed to tell us you enjoyed our first weekly preview! We love being able to share what we're getting ahead of time, to whet your appetite. And, we know that on occasion, due mostly to the weather, we will still have an item or two that's up in the air on Friday, so the emails may sometimes contain a TBD.
Have you noticed that we've started adding a bit more info to our recipes? Now you can easily see if a recipe is vegan (V), vegetarian (veg), gluten-free (GF), or dairy-free (DF). We'll make sure that each week, we provide at least one recipe in each of those categories.
We're always working to improve the resources we provide to you. Please send any feedback or suggestions you have to Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org
In Our Baskets This Week
Vermont Vegetable Package
- Cherry Tomatoes* | Jericho Settlers Farm
- Shiitake Mushrooms* | 1000 Stones Farm
- Strawberries* | Last Resort Farm
- Mesclun* | Pitchfork Farm
- Zucchini/Yellow squash* | River Berry Farm/Intervale Community Farm
- Garlic Scapes* (variety shares only) | Burnt Rock Farm/Bella Farm
The Omnivore Package includes the Vermont Vegetable Package above, plus...
- Chicken Breast | Maple Wind Farm
- Forerunner, raw milk Havarti cheese | Mount Mansfield Creamery
- Maple vinaigrette salad dressing* | Joe's Kitchen at Screamin' Ridge Farm
The Localvore Package includes the Omnivore Package above, plus...
- Ciabatta* | Red Hen Baking Company
- Pasture Raised Eggs | Besteyfield Farm
Recipe Plans & Dreams
- Bread salad (panzanella) with roasted cherry tomatoes and mushroom confit (V)
- Crustless quiche with scapes & havarti (Veg)
- Mesclun with maple vinaigrette & toasted sunflower seeds (V)
- Chicken & couscous with seared squash
- Strawberry-basil shortcake