Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Main Dish | Diet: Vegetarian/GF
- 4 large carrots
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- strained yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash carrots and cut them at a slight angle so that you get as much surface area as possible (called cutting on the bias).
- Toss the carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place the carrots on a baking sheet (for easier clean-up, you could line the sheet with parchment, first).
- Roast the carrots until tender, checking every 7 or so minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the walnuts, which can be done "dry" or with a little bit of oil. You can do this in a pan over medium heat, or in the oven alongside the carrots. Whichever method you choose, make sure to watch the walnuts carefully, and stir them regularly.
- When the carrots are done taste them for seasoning, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Put the seasoned carrots on a serving dish, top with dollops of strained yogurt, drizzle on the honey, sprinkle on the cardamom, and serve.
Notes: The cardamom isn't essential, but it brings amazing flavor to the dish. A sprinkling of parsley would be another wonderful addition.