Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: Summer | Type: Basic | Diet: V/GF
This is my favorite way to preserve cherry tomatoes...roasting intensifies their already-sweet flavor. I use roasted cherry tomatoes as a salad garnish, as a topping for omelettes, and as the base for my favorite tomato sauce. They can also be frozen for winter. If you're freezing them, make sure you add the juice to the container. It can also be used in salad dressing, or in savory cocktails!
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes and place them in a baking dish (to make the finished product go further, you can cut the tomatoes in half, if you'd like).
- Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the tomatoes are slightly shriveled and a little bit brown on the top.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Save the juice, it's delicious!