- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbsp Ploughgate Creamery Butter
- Roasted Veggies (Butternut squash, sweet potato, turnips)
- 2 cups Arborio rice (any rice you have around will work, just might take longer to cook and need more liquid!)
- 4 cups veggie stock
First, chop and roast your vegetables. While they're in the oven, get started with your risotto!
- Dice butternut squash, sweet potato, and turnip into even sized cubes. Toss with with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet for 30 minutes or until soft at 400°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Sauté onion until translucent.
- Add rice, stir for 1 minute. Begin to add veggie stock, 1 cup at a time, entirely incorporating each cup into rice until adding another.
- Finally, incorporate 1 cup of apple cider. If rice does not taste thoroughly cooked at this point, you can add more vegetable stock or water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir your roasted vegetables in with risotto and it is ready to serve!