For the Salmon:
- Salmon fillet
- Butter - to grease the pan (or use cooking spray)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Put tin foil down over a baking sheet and grease the tin foil with butter or cooking spray
- Place the salmon on the pan skin side down, and season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil around the salmon, with a small area to vent, to keep moisture in while it bakes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
For the Risotto and Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 Tbsp Ploughgate Creamery Butter
- Roasted Veggies (Butternut squash, sweet potato, turnips)
- 2 cups Arborio rice (any rice you have around will work, just might take longer to cook and need more liquid!)
- 4 cups veggie stock
First, chop and roast your vegetables. While they're in the oven, get started with your risotto!
- Dice butternut squash, sweet potato, and turnip into even sized cubes. Toss with with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet for 30 minutes or until soft at 400°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Sauté onion until translucent.
- Add rice, stir for 1 minute. Begin to add veggie stock, 1 cup at a time, entirely incorporating each cup into rice until adding another.
- Finally, incorporate 1 cup of apple cider. If rice does not taste thoroughly cooked at this point, you can add more vegetable stock or water until desired consistency is achieved.
- Stir your roasted vegetables in with risotto and it is ready to serve!