- 1/2 lb Green Beans -stems twisted off
- 1-2 garlic cloves, diced into tiny pieces
- 1/4 fresh lemon
- oil and/or butter for cooking (we like to use canola for cooking, and add butter or olive oil for flavor)
- salt and pepper
- First, we blanched the green beans. Add 1 cup water to your saute pan and heat to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for just a minute or two, so that the green beans turn a bright green and soften a bit.
- Next, pour off excess water and set green beans aside.
- Add your oil to the pan and warm it over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir (turn down your heat if it starts to brown to quickly).
- Once the garlic smells fragrant, after a minute or two, add in the green beans. Saute for about 5 minutes - just until they reach your desired tenderness.
- Add butter, a squeeze of lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot!