Spiced Black Beans
Recipe Level: Basic | Recipe Speed: Quick | Season: Spring/All | Type: Veggie Main | Diet: V/GF
You can make this recipe with black beans you've cooked yourself, or with the frozen beans from Vermont Bean Crafters, or a can of beans from the grocery store! If you want it spicier, you can add few dashes of hot sauce. This is a great omelette topping, as well as a taco bar ingredient.
- 2 cups black beans
- 3 onion tops or scallion greens, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- chile powder, cayenne pepper, chipotle powder, paprika, or whatever peppery spices make you happy
- Strain the beans, and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the other ingredients.
- Season to taste. Make the beans as tangy, salty, and spicy as you desire.