We featured roasted sweet potatoes in both this recipe and our fried rice recipe. The best strategy is to make a big batch of roasted vegetables, then store them for meals throughout the week! You can also add bok choi and pea shoots to this dish if they're left over in your fridge!
- Sweet potatoes
- 1/2 green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb stir-fry beef, defrosted and dried off
- salt and pepper
- oil for cooking
- optional: soy sauce or chili sauce for serving, maple-miso sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Toss sweet potato wedges in oil until they are lightly coated. Spread evenly on a roasting pan and roast for about 30-40 minutes, or until they have caramelized brown edges.
- In one pan, heat oil over medium heat (it's hot when it's slightly shimmering). Add onions, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add cabbage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is done to the tenderness that you prefer.
- In a separate pan, heat oil over medium heat. Season beef with salt and pepper, then add to the pan to cook. Brown on one side (2-3 minutes), and then turn, and brown the other sides.
- Add beef and roasted sweet potato to cabbage and onion (also add pea shoots and bok choi if you would like)