This salad dressing is nutty, with a hint of garlic. It's a great match for baby lettuce, cheddar cheese, cucumbers, and apples.
- 1 cup oil (I like to use 2/3 cup sunflower oil and 1 cup olive oil)
- 1/3 cup of cider or white wine vinegar, or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of fresh pepper
- This recipe is best made in a food processor or blender, because you're mixing in toasted sunflower seeds. All you need to do is combine the ingredients and blend until uniform.
- Taste the dressing, and see if you like the level of seasoning. Add more salt, or pepper, or mustard, or garlic, as desired.