Swiss Chard Wraps with Spiced Rice and Black Beans
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Main Course | Diet: V/GF
Don't have rice? You can wrap all kinds of other things up in chard leaves! Quinoa, sweet potatoes, refried beans, cheese, the list goes on.
- 8 blanched chard leaves
- Spiced rice with dried fruit
- Cooked black beans (canned, frozen from Vermont Bean Crafters, or cooked from scratch)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pepper to taste
- Wrap the chard leaves around the rice and black beans, as described in the chard leaf recipe.
- Combine the tahini, garlic, salt, and lemon juice, and stir to combine. Thin with water until the sauce reaches a drizzle-able consistency. Taste the sauce....does it need more salt, lemon juice, or garlic? Add 'em!
- Drizzle the sauce over the wraps, and serve.